The COVID19 has disordered all human routines and changed the functional motion of the planet. The reasons behind its global upsurge are still unknown and remedy also without certainty. The realities accompany a large pool of infected population in different continents and staggering number of casualties. The existing health services and the economies and above all, the governance systems across the world have proved to be ineffective to stand a ground before the pandemic. The overall situation is projected towards an unprecedented famine, especially in economically disadvantaged societies. These are the unforeseen realities for governance at all levels, individual, national, and international levels and very difficult to cope with. However, all the countries are relentlessly trying to tackle the situation, but satisfactory success is yet to come, perhaps requires an unspecified period of time. Human society faced so many endemics, natural and man-made disasters including two World Wars, but none was life-threatening for all human beings simultaneously as COVID19 is. Its long term and devastating impacts on the different sectors of life push forward some basic challenges for mankind. A holistic and qualitative change in the governance system is needed to face current and future pandemic situations.
In this backdrop the ‘INSEARCH 2020: 7th International Integrative Research Conference on Governance in Society, Business and Environment’ will be held with the main theme “Pandemic Challenges and Changes in Governance” on December19-21, 2020 at BARD, Cumilla, Bangladesh. The Conference is jointly organized by Netinsearch International (Network for Integrative Research), Center for Administrative Research and Innovation (CARI) of the University of Dhaka, Department of Public Administration of Stamford University Bangladesh, Asian Conference on Population and Development (ACPD), China and GAIN International (Governance and Administration Innovative Network), Australia, and hosted by the Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development (BARD).
The INSEARCH Conference is organized every year with the spirit of ‘research for realization’ at BARD Cumilla, Bangladesh since 2014. It is a cosmopolitan gathering of researchers, academics, experts, and practitioners from different fields. It serves as a multidisciplinary avenue for high-level interaction, discussion, and debate in a supportive, relaxed, and thoughtful atmosphere. The conference welcomes all concerned to submit their research papers for consideration at the conference.
The main objective of the conference is to analyze the different dimensions of pandemic challenges and suggest the changes required in the different spheres of governance that includes the following issues:
- To evaluate the causes and nature of COVID 19 and sufferings and damages caused in human society in addition to identifying its relationship with the dynamics of the existing global system.
- To analyze the role and functions of government, business, international bodies, and other communities to encounter the COVID19 attack and assess the strengths and weaknesses of their efforts.
- To explore the imbalances caused by the pandemic or/and become evident from pandemic disaster in the society, economy, environment and governance systems in the different spheres of life and
- To evolve global and national strategies in the areas of public policy and management, economy and finance, development priorities and program intervention, legal and institutional framework, society and culture, population and employment, discipline and human rights, environment, and ecological dynamics.
- To conceptualize the lessons learned from the pandemic and develop future strategies for emergency governance especially in terms of preparedness, public health services, information, and safety network.
See Details: (http://netinsearch.com/menu_content.php?menu_ids=1)